Thursday, December 16, 2010

IT'S ALL A MATTER OF PERSPECTIVE

Driving around the roadways of Southern California, it's easy to pull up next to a Lotus, Ferrari, Bentley, or on some occasions even a Bugatti, and find yourself envious of the marvel of engineering rolling down the roadway along side your mediocre car. In more ways than just this, it's easy to look at what some people have and feel like you don't have much.
The other day I was returning to the justice center for jury duty when I passed this scene - a bus stop. Sure, there was a Mercedes sitting to my right at the traffic light, but two my left were these three people, waiting for a bus. All of the sudden, the interior of my Mitsubishi Montero seemed much more plush and I was reminded of how much time I should spend being thankful and appreciative for what I do have, instead of envying what I don't.
Not only have I had this reliable vehicle for years, but I've had food on the table, a roof over my head, a wife who is leaps and bounds above what I deserve, good health, a loving family and... well, you get the point (as did I as I drove by this bus stop.)

No comments: