Wednesday, December 8, 2010

HOW I EVER LIVED UP NORTH, I'LL NEVER KNOW

While the temperatures this evening were up in upper 40's or maybe even lower 50's, it felt like it was 20 degrees.
Before I even got out the door, I realized I had no music on my iPhone (I must have changed the sync settings) to listen to, so I ended up taking old faithful - my iPod classic. Then I realized I grabbed a bad set of headphones - only the left one seemed to work. Eventually I got out on the road.
Ten minutes later my toes were numb and I was wishing I had dressed warmer. Then half way through the ride, my light started to go out on me. I switched to flashing mode to conserve battery power, but at the cost of feeling like I was riding through a night club for 40 minutes as the strobe effect started to send me into a psychedelic trance.
All in all, not the best ride I've had recently.

No comments: