Saturday, October 29, 2011

Death of a Nikon P300

Death of a Nikon P300 by BroAndDonna
Death of a Nikon P300, a photo by BroAndDonna on Flickr.

Five days a week, I leave for work around 6:50am and get home around 6:30pm. As soon as I get home, it's time to take Buddy for a walk. Get home from the walk and it's 7:30-8pm and dinner time. Watch a little tv, unwind, clean up, get ready for work the next day, and the day is over. I do manage to take about 1/2 second to do something I really enjoy - hitting that shutter button while walking Buddy.

Tonight, taking that 1/30th of a second to myself proved to be a huge mistake - Buddy yanked on his leash and spun my wrist so quickly, I dropped my $325 Nikon P300. The lens was extended and it landed right on the tip of the lens.

It's gonna take a while to forgive him for this one and I'm already contemplating leaving him at home all weekend and enjoying a little life without 'em.

No comments: