Saturday, June 11, 2011

STARTING FROM SCRATCH

STARTING FROM SCRATCH by BroAndDonna
STARTING FROM SCRATCH, a photo by BroAndDonna on Flickr.

Donna was working late Friday night so I decided to head out for a road ride - nothing big, just the loop we've always referred to as "The short loop." This loop is only about 13 miles but usually takes a little under an hour, thanks to traffic lights and stop signs.

Not far into the ride I began to realize both Donna and I are going to be starting from scratch, in terms of our fitness. Between work, Donna's back injury and the home-buying process, we haven't been riding or exercising nearly as much as we used to - and my body, apparently, has noticed.

The short loop didn't feel very short, to say the least. I think I might be fighting off a sinus infection again, so that might have been part of it, but I can't really blame the pain in my legs on a sinus problem. In just a few weeks we'll be getting back to our usual routine and in the meantime, I'm just trying to live with myself, the way I am.

No comments: