Wednesday, March 30, 2011

T-MINUS 3 WEEKS TIL THE SEA OTTER CLASSIC

I love Donna with all my heart and want to be as supportive as possible when it comes to her ventures. With the Sea Otter Classic just under three weeks away, we decided to be a little more ambitious than usual and ride a 2.5 hour loop as opposed to a 1.25 hour loop, following a day of work on Tuesday.
Not far into the ride, I began to face the reality that I might not be able to be as supportive as I would like. I simply don't have it in me. My legs felt like concrete and I spent 2 of the 2.5 hours thinking about the sofa, television and food.
I'm worried that I'm starting to lose my love of mountain biking. I love the idea of it. I love being out all day on weekend days, but it's.... painful.
Hopefully it was just a bad night for me. No doubt it was a long day. We didn't start our ride until 6:30 which meant we got home shortly before 9pm, showered, had dinner around 9:15pm, and crashed on the sofa. Donna's eyes were fighting to stay open just 15 minutes after finishing dinner.
On the up side, we probably got the best night's sleep that we've had in weeks.

No comments: