Monday, January 24, 2011

New kicks, made just for me

I used to think running was so simple - throw on a pair of shoes and head out the door. Then I started having problems, with my feet among other things. Turns out, the $75 Nikes weren't quite right for me. After about an hour at RoadRunner in Newbury Park, I had myself a pair of shoes that are amazing. Custom insoles not to mention two different sized shoes, to fit my two-different-size feet, which turned out to be a 12.5 and a 13.5. When they played back my foot motion in slo-mo, it was no wonder I had been having problems and generally not enjoying running at all.
The first real test will be tomorrow night when I get home from work (I already went biking today, so I'm being lazy for the afternoon) and Donna head out for a three-mile jog.

No comments: