Thursday, July 23, 2009

COOL CAVES

We caught the caves at low tide... fortunate since we don't have kayaks with us. The caves at Pismo Beach are a sight to see. Check 'em out if you're ever there.

CAVE INTERIOR

Why some idiot(s) would want to deface such beautiful creations from mother nature is beyond me. I tried to ignore the graffiti and etchings.

DOUBLE HEADER

How'd you like to be here when the tide comes in... scary stuff.

HELLOOOOO

Donna, peering from inside one of the shallow caves in Pismo Beach.

ANOTHER CAVE VIEW

Just another view from inside one of Pismo's caves along the beach.

LOOKS LIKE A BENCH TO ME

My feet were killing me after walking around in flip flops all day, with no arch support. A place to sit and cold water to soak my feet in was very welcomed relief.

DON'T POOP ON ME

As much as I love pelicans, I wouldn't want to be standing under one while relieving itself. Ick! Donna shares my concern.

FROZEN DELIGHT

We discovered Pismo Yogurt today - a fix-your-own, pay-by-the-pound frozen yogurt establishment. My masterpiece included strawberry frozen yogurt, strawberries, chopped peanuts, cheesecake pieces and carob chips. It was so good I went back for more later in the day.

I'LL BE BACK

Donna enjoyed Pismo Yogurt as much as I did. Of course she created a much healthier dessert than I did.

HAPPY COUPLE

This was a FANTASTIC weekend getaway to Pismo Beach... fun riding, good food, great weather and the best company a guy could ask for.

THE BEST SPOT FOR SUNSETS

Pismo Beach takes the cake for sunset viewing locations. The cliffs above Shell Beach are primo.

FIREWORKS, EVERY TIME

There's no other way to describe it.

I WANT TO SOAK UP SOME SUN

Donna's choice of music (Cheryl Crowe) has me muttering words that, well, I'd rather not. She did enjoy soaking up some sun this evening.

NAP TIME

Donna treated herself to something she never takes the time for... a nap.

CONTEMPLATING A NAP

Donna's energy level dropped quickly once she hit the sofa... I think it actually was the two pillows that really did her in.

ENERGETIC... FOR NOW

Donna hit the sofa full of energy... it faded quickly.

No comments: